Richard specialises in Physiological Assessment & Exercise Prescription. His Masters Thesis was in Musculoskeletal Biomechanics as part of an MSc. in Exercise Physiology at the University of Roehampton. His area of research was in bone structure and mechanics and how low cost, low-risk interventions can improve bone quality thereby reducing the incidence and severity of fractures. Richard completed his clinical training at The Hatter Cardiovascular Institute at University College London.
Currently, Richard's main area of research is in measuring and improving cycling performance using training and nutritional interventions. Richard offers a complete testing service including VO2 Max., Lactate Profiling, EMG Muscle Function, and Digital Lung Function as well as Core and Lower Back EMG Assessment. His client base includes amateur and elite athletes including cyclists, runners, rugby players, footballers & cricketers. Richard also manages the Phase IV Cardiac Rehab. service at University College School. Having played cricket for Spencer C.C. and rugby for Rosslyn Park F.C. Richard is now a keen cyclist, which seems to satisfy his obsessive personality, and participates in Sportives all over the country
- BSc. Sport Science
- MSc. Sport & Exercise Physiology
- BACR - Phase IV Cardiac Rehabilitation
- FAA - Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation & Automated External Defibrillation
- FAA - Emergency First Aid at Work Level 2
- NASM - CPT - National Academy Sports Medicine Certified Personal Trainer
- MatWork Pilates Teacher Level 1
- RFU Level 2 Rugby Coach
- RFU ELRA Level 2 Referee
- ECB Level 2 Cricket Coach
- BASES - British Association of Sport & Exercise Sciences
- UKSCA - UK Strength & Conditioning Assoc.
- NSCA - National Strength & Conditioing Assoc.
- ASCA - Australian Strength & Conditioning Assoc.
- ECBCA - ECB Coaches Assoc.